After many months of preparation we are pleased to announce the formation of our global cycling team – Team Bike Pure and the launch of the much anticipated new team kit. Launch also coincides with the formation of a Bike Pure Racing Team in the UK along with an Australian team set up. A huge thank you to all the sponsors involved, without them this project would never have transpired. Whether you race, take part in sportives or simply ride the bike for enjoyment and fitness then we would be delighted to have you part of the Bike Pure – LeMond – Aspire Velotech cycling team.
Press Release – 23rd July 2013
LeMond Revolution, LLC, company of three-time Tour de France winner Greg LeMond, announced today a sponsoring partnership with Bike Pure. This deal sets LeMond Revolution as the co-title sponsor of Bike Pure’s new global cycling team.
With LeMond’s history of supporting anti-doping measures, research and development, LeMond Revolution is proud to partner with team Bike Pure in an effort to promote honest and ethical cycling while cleaning up cycle sport. While the LeMond Revolution logo will be placed on Team Bike Pure apparel and gear, LeMond Revolution will also offer Bike Pure’s blue wristbands and blue headset spacers for sale on their website, www.LeMondRevolution.com.
LeMond Revolution looks forward to the opportunities presented by this partnership and the ability to help move forward the idea of honest and ethical cycle sport.
Bike Pure Co-Founder, Andy Layhe said, “Bike Pure are delighted to have the support of Greg LeMond and LeMond Revolution as co-title sponsor of our new team structure. An avid anti-doping campaigner and role model to many, Greg’s career epitomizes integrity, so the partnership is a perfect combination.” “Cycle sport has certainly suffered from negative press and doping scandals in recent years. Nevertheless there is a lot to celebrate about the sport – the health benefits coupled with the sheer enjoyment of riding a bike to name just a few. With the intervention of Greg LeMond and our other title sponsor Aspire Velotech we urge like minded cyclists of all ages and abilities to join with the team to celebrate the sport of cycling whilst at the same time actively displaying their support for fair, honest sport. Members will be part of a unique group of individuals who love the sport and also positively promote it across all levels.” “Members will avail of many free and discounted products offered by the various sponsors involved and at the same time understand the importance of sporting integrity through our educational literature within member packs. Packs include discounted bike fitting at Bike Science, discounted carbon bikes from TURAS, LeMond Revolution discount, a personal welcome letter from Greg LeMond, two limited edition signed cards by Greg LeMond, free Defeet cycling socks, free magazine, frame stickers, membership card and Bike Pure wristbands plus much more.”
“Launch of the team also coincides with the unveiling of the new Bike Pure team kit which is produced in Belgium by Decca. Team kit consists of short sleeve jerseys, bib shorts, arm warmers, caps, gloves, gilets and long sleeve garments, all produced in Decca’s top line PRO race fit range.” Membership fees raised through the team at www.bikepurestore.org go towards the formation and running of the Bike Pure – LeMond – Aspire Velotech Racing Team, competing at national youth and junior levels in the UK and encouraging its riders to ‘Bike Pure’ to support them in their development during the foundation years of their careers. We shall also be focusing on the sponsorship of selected individual riders globally who may require support based systems on their journey to a career in the sport. The team structure will be overseen by Bike Pure’s UK/Europe Project Manager Karl Nielsen.
Co-title sponsor is the USA online retailer Aspire Velotech. CEO Michael Golding said of the partnership, “We are proud to be co-title sponsor of the new Bike Pure initiative. As the largest online dealer of precision-made bicycle components, aligning with Bike Pure and LeMond Revolution is an opportunity to support Bike Pure’s mission to make a real difference. Each rider, each spectator, each youth, each parent and each member of the general public will benefit from the education and strong, positive message that Bike Pure provides. We at Aspire VeloTech encourage you to join us in supporting Bike Pure. Wrist bands and headset spacers are available on our website and we have exclusive offers for Bike Pure members as part of the team. We’ve been supporting Bike Pure for many years and thank them for their support.”
Lazer Helmets are also involved with the team sponsorship and supplying the race team with their Helium range in Bike Pure colours, “Lazer Helmets are proud to support the Bike Pure team, in their mission to promote and celebrate clean cycling at all levels of the sport. Just like ‘Bike Pure’, Lazer’s DNA is woven from a true passion for cycling and the interests of cyclists and their well-being. Whether it be the pro cyclists doing their day job, the cycling fans who line the road side or the people who simply choose a bicycle to get from A to B, cycling should be safe, fun, comfortable and healthy.”
Melbourne based SUKKIE Hydration will supply nutrition sponsorship. Sukkie founder Leon Harvey said “Sukkie and Bike Pure share the same philosophy, to smash your limits in any sport you need do the hard yards, look after your body and back it up day after day. There is no easy way out. That is why we choose to put only quality ingredients in Sukkie and leave all the nasty acids, artificial ingredients and banned substances out of it. Go hard, go healthy, Bike Pure!”
Renowned training video producers The Sufferfest are also involved with the project, “We are proud to support the Bike Pure team,” said David McQuillen, CEO of The Sufferfest. “After all, in Sufferlandria, nothing must dull the suffering. Racing clean, therefore, is the only way to experience the Glory of Suffering to the full.”
“We would also like to thank our co-sponsors Bike Science UK, The Sufferfest, Sukkie Hydration, Lazer Helmets, TURAS Bikes and Defeet socks who will all be providing assistance to the team and whose logo’s are proudly displayed on the team kit. Our chosen charity for the jersey is the Cycle 4 Sick Children charity who raise much needed funds for disabled children throughout Ireland.”
“Bike Pure – LeMond – Aspire Velotech is also an officially registered cycling team within the UK and Australia, allowing it’s members there to race in an official capacity under the Bike Pure banner.”
Anyone wishing to join and receive the team membership pack can visit www.bikepurestore.org
Team Pack includes:
• Presentation Folder
• Welcome letter from Bike Pure
• Welcome letter from Greg LeMond
• FREE pair of limited edition Bike Pure Defeet cycling socks
• Plastic membership card
• Greg LeMond signed fan card postcard
• Selection of Bike Pure leaflets and information on the importance of ethical sport
• Subscription link to FREE copy of Women’s Cycling Magazine (UK)
• Bike Pure vinyl window sticker
• Reflective droplet sticker for bike for safer night riding
• Frame sticker
• Metal droplet Bike Pure lapel badge
• ‘What Can You Do?’ for ethical sport leaflet
• Anti-Doping literature and the side effects of doping products.
• ‘Benefits of Cycling’ leaflet explaining the health benefits of cycling.
• ‘Cycling Etiquette’ leaflet explaining the importance of adhering to road rules and safety when riding.
• ‘Hands up for Honest Sport’ poster
• ‘Our Vision’ document
• 5% discount off Team Bike Pure cycling kit on next purchase (promo code emailed when team membership order placed)
• FREE vinyl SUFFERFEST sticker
• FREE Sukkie Hydraton ‘smash your limits’ cycling bottle. (Australia and New Zealand only)
Sponsors / Affiliates (included in membership pack):
• LeMond Revolution – www.lemondrevolution.com discount on products from LeMond Revolution website.
• Aspire Velotech – Free gift card for purchases on AspireVelotech.com or production of membership card in USA store
• Bike Science UK – 15% OFF bike fitting at UK branches www.bike-science.com
• Turas Bikes – 10% off complete online range of TURAS carbon bikes www.turasbikes.com
• RIDE Cycling Review – 10% off Ride Cycling Review digital annual subscription www.ridemedia.com.au
• Sukkie Hydration – FREE 700ml Sukkie drink bottle (Australian and New Zealand members only) www.sukkie.com.au
• The Sufferfest – 20% OFF all Sufferfest training videos www.thesufferfest.com
• Bottlesport UK – 10% OFF production of custom bottles www.bottlesport.com
• Vernon Graphix – 10% OFF production of custom decals www.vernongraphix.com
• Pave the Way – 15% OFF Bike fitting and all other services (Australia only) www.pavetheway.cc
• Women’s Cycling Magazine – Free copy of magazine womenscyclinguk.co.uk (UK only)
• Defeet Socks – Free pair of limited edition team issue Bike Pure socks www.defeet.com
If your company or cycle store supports our message and would also like to become an affiliate please contact us info (at) bikepure.org